Last Updated: 04/10/2023
A cookie is a small text file stored on your device when you visit a website. Cookies allow website operators to recognize your device as you navigate through a website. By using cookies, a website can do things like remember a user's login details and store user preferences.
By themselves, cookies do not identify you specifically. Rather, they recognize your web browser. So, unless you identify yourself specifically to LiveKit, for instance by signing into your account, we don't know who you are just because you visited our website.
Some cookies are necessary for our Services to function. We use these cookies for many purposes, including:
- Authentication: to remember that you've logged in to our Services.
- Security: to protect user data from unauthorized access.
- Site stability: to administer our Services with a minimum of downtime.
LiveKit uses some cookies to help us understand how users interact with our Services. We use these cookies only with logged-in users, for many purposes, including:
- Feature configuration: to remember how you prefer to use our Services so your settings stay the same each time you log in to your account.
- Third-party analytics: we use PostHog EU to collect and analyze information about how our Services are used and generate reports on usage trends for internal consumption.
We use pixel tags (also known as web beacons) to, among other things, track the actions of email recipients, to measure the success of our marketing campaigns, and track response rates.
Opting Out of Cookies
You can opt out of cookies at any time in your User Settings, with the exception of the Necessary Cookies which are required for our Services to properly function.
Your web browser may also provide cookie configuration options, including to delete and disable LiveKit cookies. If you choose to disable cookies, our Services may not operate as intended.
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en
- Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/guide/safari/manage-cookies-and-website-data-sfri11471/mac
- Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/cookies-information-websites-store-on-your-computer
- Opera: https://help.opera.com/en/latest/web-preferences/#cookies